Saturday, March 14, 2009

New Zealand

Hey everyone...you miss us?? It's been awhile, i know, we've been very busy!!

Well not really, we are out of Thailand...thankgod!! We both agree that one month as oppose to one and a half months would have been enough. It was great and we loved it for what it was, but we are very happy to be back to civilization as we know it. Clean bathroom and normal toilets, that's what it's all about!!

We are in New Zealand now, we spent the first few days in Auckland looking for a van to buy...and we found it!! it's a cozy little Toyota Town ace 1994. White with tinted windows...just our style...black would have been nice I suppose, but white is better for deflecting the sun. It came with a queen size bed in the back and all the camping supplies we need stored underneath. We basically think our van is the best one one the road..and with two neat freaks like Char and I, it is DEFINATELY the tidiest! The important thing is that it runs well and is getting us where we gotta go...which is everywhere!

For those of you who don't know, New Zealand is basically two islands, the north and the south. So far we have travelled up north almost as far as you can go which weather wise is the nicest of the two. North is the nicest?? I know, I thought it was weird too...something to do with the equator blah blah! We have just been driving and camping and driving and camping. Enjoying the scenery and cooking for ourselves for once. Yep, totally roughing it I guess you can say, haha, minus the fact that we still took the time to color our hair lastnight *blush* Ya well what did you excpect from us??? (box dye I might add...*gasp*)

So the north island is really beautiful and all, but we really want to get down to the south where it gets even more amazing. You will probably hear from us again once we are there and maybe by then we will have stopped being lazy and became more adventuress so we have more exciting stories for you.

For those of you who are not on Facebook, i'm sorry you are missing out on pictures. Maybe send me a little email bitching at me to send you some pics, and maybe I just will.

Hope you are all doing amazingly well!!

xoxox

JT & C